- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400-450 g bag frozen raw prawn meat, thawed
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and sliced thinly
- Pour the beaten eggs into a hot, lightly greased frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until eggs are set. Turn omelette onto a chopping board, cool, roll up and slice thinly.
- Pat prawns dry with paper towels. Heat sesame oil in a wok or open deep frying pan. Add prawns and cook until they turn pink. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add spring onions and garlic and stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Add Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Return the prawns to the wok with the cooked rice and snow peas and toss together in the sauces. Continue stir-frying until the rice and prawns are hot. Carefully stir through the sliced omelette. Serve with steamed Asian greens.
Watch How To Video
Reheating cooked rice requires caution due to a bacterium that can cause food borne illness. When dealing with cooked rice you should refrigerate as soon as cooled and do not reheat more than once. Because this recipe uses cooked rice it should not be reheated again. Discard any leftovers.