- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 410 g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 120 g pouch Wattie’s Peach and Apple Fruit Squirtz
- 100 g butter, melted
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and mixed spice into a bowl, mix together with brown sugar and make a well in the centre.
2. Drain the Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, reserving juice. Reserve a few peach slices for decoration, chop the remainder.
3. Combine egg, Wattie’s Peach and Apple Fruit Squirtz, 1/4 cup reserved fruit juice and melted butter. Carefully fold into the dry ingredients with chopped peaches.
4. Three quarters fill 12 greased muffin tins. Decorate each muffin with a thin peach slice. Cook at 220°C for 15-18 minutes or until well risen and golden.