- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp dried mint
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 18 small lettuce leaves
- 175g pottle Just Hummus roasted carrot & honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander for garnish
- 3 Tbsp toasted pinenuts
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Heat a dash of oil in a fry-pan over medium high heat. Add the lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown. Add onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cumin, allspice, mint, water and tomato paste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the lamb is tender. Stir in ¼ cup chopped coriander. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mince mixture into each lettuce cup. Top with a dollop of Just Hummus roasted carrot & honey, some coriander for garnish and a sprinkle of pinenuts and pomegranate seeds.
For a middle eastern flavour boost, add 2 tsp pomegranate molasses when adding the tomato paste.