- 400-500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 450 g pouch Wattie’s Italian Creations Tomato & Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce
- 250-300 g dry pasta
- freshly chopped herbs (optional)
- grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a heavy based pan. Quickly brown mince with the onion. Add mushrooms.
2. Pour over Wattie’s Italian Creations Tomato & Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until mince is cooked.
3. Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with freshly chopped herbs and grated Parmesan cheese, with a salad on the side.
* Cook pasta in a saucepan with plenty of lightly salted boiling water, according to packet directions until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
* To add variety, stir through Wattie’s Creations Italian Style Frozen Vegetables
5 minutes before the end of cooking.