- 2 Tbsp oil
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 2 small or 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 420 g can Wattie's Traditional Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup beef stock or water
- 2-4 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1. Heat the oil in a lidded frying pan and quickly brown the beef mince with the onion and garlic. This may be best done in two batches.
2. Add the mushrooms and paprika and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the Wattie's Traditional Pasta Sauce, beef stock or water and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper if wished.
Serve the bolognese sauce over spaghetti garnished with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs.