- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thick pieces
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into thick pieces
- 4 lean lamb shoulder chops
- 400 g can Wattie's Lentils in Springwater, drained
- 400g can Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Turn slow cooker onto low to preheat.
- Arrange onions, carrots and parsnips in the base of the slow cooker. Place the lamb shoulder chops onto the vegetables.
- Add the drained Wattie’s Lentils.
- In a jug mix together Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the lamb. Add the bay leaves. Cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, until the lamb is tender. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and seasonal greens.
Note: Lamb chops can be browned in a frying pan before placing in slow cooker if wished.
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Prepare as for slow cooker but place ingredients in an ovenproof dish. Cover. Place in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until meat is tender.
This passata style product uses only the finest vine-ripened Hawke’s Bay tomatoes, crushed and sieved to create this natural tomato sauce style product.