- 4 trimmed lamb shanks
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 420 g can Wattie’s Extra Rich and Think Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs sprigs rosemary
1. Dust lamb shanks with seasoned flour.
2. Heat oil in a flame-proof casserole dish. Brown lamb shanks. Set aside. Add onions and garlic to pan. Cook until softened. Return lamb to casserole dish. Pour over red wine. Bring to boil. Reduce wine by half.
3. Add Wattie’s Extra Rich and Think Condensed Tomato Soup, 1 cup water and balsamic vinegar. Stir. Add rosemary. Cover. Place in 150°C oven. Cook for 2 1/2 - 3 hours until meat falls from the bones.
4. Reduce sauce on stove top to thicken if necessary.