- 200g piece fresh salmon, skin removed*
- 1 cup cooked rice**
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen Wattie’s Supersweet Corn Kernels, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup Wattie's frozen Edamame Beans, cooked and cooled
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ small Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ¼ cup HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise
- Seaweed, to garnish (optional)
- Black sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillet if necessary and cut into cubes.
- Place the rice, red capsicum, Wattie’s Supersweet Corn Kernels, Wattie's frozen Edamame Beans, avocado and cucumber into individual bowls. Top with the fresh salmon. Spoon over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise. Garnish with seaweed or black sesame seeds and a lime wedge if wished.
- *If you can’t buy salmon with the skin removed, with a sharp knife gently remove the skin. Remove any pin bones in the salmon with tweezers.
- Microwave rice is easy but if cooking ½ cup raw rice will make 1 cup of cooked.
Swap it out
- **We used the Sun Rice Supergrains Tri-Blend microwaveable rice which is a mix of Brown and red rice and Quinoa – 2 pottles will serve 2.
- Alternatively use brown rice
- Seaweed for garnish – we used the Nishin Seasoned Seaweed salad, available in the fish bar at most local supermarkets, but Nori sheets sliced into thin strips will also work. Alternatively use black sesame seeds
Juicy golden supersweet corn kernels, grown under the sunny Gisborne skies where the ideal combination of high sunshine and rich soil creates the perfect conditions for our corn to thrive.