- 1 recipe Kiwi Mince and Beans
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese (about 50g)
- 1-2 sheets sheets ready rolled flaky puff pastry (depending on the size of the dish being used)
- milk or beaten egg for glazing
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake). Prepare Kiwi Mince & Beans according to recipe. Stir in grated cheese at the end of cooking. Spoon into a deep pie dish. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Once the filling is cold, wet the edges of the pie dish with cold water. Place the pastry sheet over the pie dish, joining the 2 sheets together if necessary*, leaving about 2cm hanging over the sides. Push the pastry down on the sides of the dish to seal. Roughly fold the overhanging pastry back onto the pie top, to create a double edge. Make a couple of cuts in the top of the pastry. Brush the top with a little milk or beaten egg.
3. Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C. Reduce temperature to 180°C and cook a further 15-20 minutes until the filling is hot and pastry golden. Serve with your favourite vegetables.
*Cut enough of the second sheet of pastry as needed. Overlap the pastry onto the first sheet, brushing the edge with a little cold water to ensure the pastry sticks together.