- 1 onion, sliced
- 750g lean beef mince
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 525g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- 250g pottle cottage cheese with chives
- 250g pottle Lite cream cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the onion and beef mince. This is best done in 2 batches. Add the sliced mushrooms. Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Cut the lasagne sheets to fit the base of a lasagne style dish (2L capacity). Grease the dish and place a sheet of pasta into the base. Top with 1/3 of the mince mixture. Repeat the layers twice finishing with a layer of pasta.
3. To make the topping, mix together cottage cheese with chives and the Lite cream cheese. Spread over the top of the pasta. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and hot. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.
Add the water into your empty jar of pasta sauce and shake well to ensure you get all the delicious sauce out of the jar before adding to the pan.
Any leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and frozen until ready to use. Please note the cheese topping may not be as good as when cooked fresh but will still be ok from a safety factor.