1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the diced pork pieces and brown over high heat. Remove from dish and set aside.
2. Add the sliced onions and continue cooking until they start to soften. Add the apple slices and cook a further minute. Return the pork to the pan.
3. Stir in Wattie’s Condensed Tomato Soup with Diced Tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil. Add sage. Cover, transfer to oven and cook for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
4. While the casserole is cooking wrap the garlic in foil and place in the oven on the shelf with the casserole. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Allow to cool. Squeeze the garlic paste out of the cloves and set aside.
5. Microwave the Wattie’s frozen Steam 'n' Mash according to packet directions. Mash the potatoes. Add milk, melted butter, chives and roasted garlic paste. Mix well. Serve with the casserole and extra seasonal vegetables on the side.