- 4 bacon rashers
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2 bagels
- 135g pottle Mediterranean Tomato, Basil and Avocado Cream Layered Dip
- Grill or pan fry the bacon rashers until they are cooked. Steam the spinach leaves until just wilted. Poach the eggs in a saucepan with gently simmering water, until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Cut bagels in half horizontally and toast.
- To serve: Top each half with a bacon rasher, spinach leaves, poached egg and a dollop of Mediterranean Tomato, Basil and Avocado Cream Layered Dip.
When poaching eggs:
- Make sure the eggs are fresh. Fresh eggs have a thicker white and hold their shape better when poaching.
- Crack the eggs into a cup before tipping it into the pan.
- The water in the pan should be at least 5cm deep. Add a dash of vinegar to the water
- Drop the egg into the simmering water. Do not allow the water to boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the white has set and the yolk cooked to your liking.
Swap it out
- Replace poached egg with scrambled eggs.