- 850 g can Wattie’s Black Doris Plums
- 125 g softened butter
- 125 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°. Grease and line the base of a 23cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Drain Wattie’s Black Doris Plums. Carefully cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Place the plums cut side down into the base of the cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the flour, baking powder and Gregg's Ground Cinnamon into the creamed mixture and carefully fold in with the yoghurt.
- Spoon mixture over the plums. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. A skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should be clean when removed. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack to cool. Serve with Greek-style yoghurt or whipped cream.
Generations of Kiwis have loved Black Doris Plums. Wattie’s makes sure this continues, picking only the finest plums from Hawke’s Bay orchards.