- 850 g can Wattie's Black Doris Plums in Syrup
- 250 softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup thread coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- icing sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Drain the Wattie’s Black Doris Plums well and then squash or cut in half and remove the stone. Leave in the sieve to drain while making the cake.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Add the eggs one a time and beat well after each addition.
3. Sift 2 cups of the flour and baking powder together and stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Spread 3/4s of the mixture on the base of a well-greased and paper lined 23-24cm spring-form cake tin.
5. Arrange the plums over the base of the cake mixture.
6. Add the coconut, cinnamon and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to the remaining cake mixture and work together to form crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the plums. Bake for 1 hour. Serve dusted with icing sugar.