- 75g butter, melted
- 250g pkt gingernuts, finely crushed
- 850g can Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 4½ tsp gelatine powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup reserved plum syrup
- Line the base and sides of a 22cm loose bottom springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and press into the base of the tin. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Drain Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup and reserve the syrup. Remove the stones from the plums.
- With electric beater, beat the cream cheese, sugar and plums in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the cream and beat again until well mixed.
- Pour ¼ cup of boiling water into a small bowl. Add the gelatine and stir to dissolve. Stir into the cheesecake mixture.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over the biscuit base. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until set.
- To serve, release the sides of the tin and remove the baking paper from the sides then slide the cheesecake off the baking paper base onto a serving platter. Serve with the plum coulis and garnish with fresh plums or seasonal fruits.
Mix cornflour into ¼ of the cold syrup. Pour this and remaining syrup into a small saucepan. Heat stirring continuously until the coulis thickens and boils. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until cold. Serve with the cheesecake