- 200 g butter, diced
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 410 g can Wattie's Pear Quarters in Clear Fruit Juice
- 2 x 120 g pouch Wattie's Fruit Squirtz Apple and Blackcurrant
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. In a bowl or food processor, cut butter into the sugar and self raising flour, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and milk and stir or pulse to mix well.
2. Press two thirds of the mixture into the base of a baking paper lined 23cm square tin.
3. Drain Wattie’s Pears Quartered in Fruit Juice and roughly slice, scatter over the base, squeeze the Wattie’s Apple and Blackcurrant Fruit Squirtz over the pears. With floured hands dot the remaining pastry over the top.
4. Bake in oven for 40 minutes. When cool, dust with icing sugar, cut into squares.
Watch How To Video
Try using 1 1/2 cups self raising flour and 1/2 cup semolina or wheatgerm for a nutty texture.
Grown under the sun in the Hawke’s Bay orchards, Wattie’s pears are hand-picked and then packed at the peak of their flavour for natural goodness.