- 250g mascarpone
- 600ml custard
- 1 trifle sponge cake, cut into pieces
- ½ cup limoncello liqueur, brandy or sherry
- 2 x 410g cans Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, drained
- 125g punnet raspberries
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted* and chopped
- Mix the mascarpone and custard together.
- Place half of the sponge pieces into the base of a large serving bowl. Drizzle over ¼ cup limoncello, brandy or sherry. Cover with one-third of the drained Wattie's Peaches and half of the mascarpone custard. Repeat the layers, finishing with the mascarpone custard. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2–3 hours for the flavours to blend.
- Top with the remaining peaches, the raspberries and toasted hazelnuts.
- *To toast the hazelnuts – preheat the oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Place the hazelnuts on an oven tray in a single layer. Bake for approximately 5 minutes until toasted – being careful not to let them burn. Cool and rub off the skins and chop.
Swap it out
- Replace alcohol with ½ cup fresh orange juice or use the juice from the canned Wattie’s Peaches.
- Replace hazelnuts with toasted pistachios or slivered almond.
Switch it up
- Make individual trifles in small glasses or jars.