- 2 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 410 g can Wattie's Peaches sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, drained
- passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm circle on the baking paper to use as a guide.
2. Put egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, vanilla essence, white vinegar and cornflour in a large bowl and beat on a low speed for 2 minutes. Increase the speed to maximum and add the boiling water slowly while beating for approximately 10 minutes, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
3. Spoon the pavlova mixture inside the circle and gently smooth the top.
4. Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 120°C. Cook for 60 minutes. When the 60 minutes are up, leave the pavlova in the oven with the oven door ajar until the pavlova has cooled.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with whipped cream, Wattie’s Peach Slices and passionfruit pulp.