- 25g butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1½ sheets ready rolled flaky puff pastry
- 410g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, drained
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake). Beat together softened butter, sugar and ground almonds to form a paste.
2. Cut a sheet of ready rolled flaky puff pastry into quarters and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Divide and spread almond paste evenly over the pastry squares leaving a 2cm border.
4. Cut the remaining pastry sheet into 2cm strips. Cut and place on the pastry squares to form a raised border.
5. Place the Wattie’s Peach Slices onto the almond paste.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are golden and raised and pastry is cooked. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before brushing peaches with a little maple syrup to glaze. Scatter over toasted sliced almonds. Serve warm with yoghurt, cream or ice cream.