- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 410 g can Wattie’s Pear Quarters
- ½ x 750 g bag Wattie’s Frozen Baby Peas
- 500 mls (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 100 g bag rocket or watercress
- crème fraiche to serve (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook gently until the onion softens without colouring.
2. Add Wattie’s Pear Quarters, Wattie’s Baby Peas, vegetable stock and cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add Rocket and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until it wilts.
4. Puree soup in a food processor or blender until smooth. Season to taste. Reheat to serve.
Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of crème fraiche if wished.
For something different try serving this soup chilled at your next dinner party.
Grown under the sun in the Hawke’s Bay orchards, Wattie’s pears are hand-picked and then packed at the peak of their flavour for natural goodness.