- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- 150-200 g dry flat rice noodles
- 250 g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 200 g frozen uncooked prawn cutlets, thawed
- 210 g pouch Wattie’s Wok Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup bean sprouts (optional)
- lime wedges
1. Prepare and thinly slice onion, carrot and spring onions.
2. To make the optional omelette: Heat a dash of oil in a small frying-pan. Pour in the egg and cook until set. Fold omelette in half and turn onto a board. Cut into strips. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Soak rice noodles as per instructions on the pack.
4. Heat a dash of oil in a wok or heavy based frying-pan. Add chicken strips and onion and stir-fry until chicken is nearly cooked. Add carrot, spring onion and prawns. Reduce heat and pour over Wattie’s Wok Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce. Continue cooking until prawns are cooked and vegetables tender.
5. Toss through drained rice noodles, sliced omelette and bean sprouts. Garnish with chopped roasted peanuts and a lime wedge on the side.
* Rice noodles should be firm, or al dente so avoid over soaking them prior to adding to the wok. Once added they should only be heated through and not over cooked.
* If you prefer you can use prawns or chicken but a combination of both is good.
* To add variety, stir through your favourite Wattie’s Wok Creations Frozen Vegetables
5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Create the perfect Pad Thai at home. This sweet & sour style sauce brings rice noodles to life. Add chicken, prawns, spring onion, bean sprouts and egg to enjoy the tantalising taste of Thailand.
* AC Nielsen – Ambient Cooking Sauces - Stir Fry Segment - MAT Data to 25/03/18