- 400 g skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 400 g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
- 1 cup couscous
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Make a few cuts in the chicken flesh.
2 Mix together ginger, garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin seeds and oil to make a paste. Rub the paste over the surface of the chicken. Place chicken in a casserole dish. Add chopped onion. Pour over chicken stock. Add apricots and Wattie’s Chickpeas.
3 Place casserole in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the couscous over the chicken and stir into the sauce. Cover. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the sauce.
4 Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves and a spoonful of unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt if wished.