- 250 g very soft butter (but not melted)
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 400 g can Wattie's Simply Diced Apple
- icing sugar to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. In a bowl or food processor beat together the butter, caster sugar, egg, vanilla essence and orange rind until creamy and well mixed.
3. Add the flour and baking powder and stir or pulse to mix well.
4. Spread 2/3rds into the base of a well greased and floured 23cm loose bottom cake tin.
5. Spread over the Wattie’s Simply Diced Apple.
6. With floured hands dot the remaining dough over the top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes until top is golden and pastry cooked.
When cool dust with icing sugar to serve.