- 300g dried spaghetti pasta 1 (gluten free, optional)
- 200g middle bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup cream
- ½ cup chicken stock (gluten free, optional)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Wattie’s frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water according to packet directions. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and sauté until the onion has softened and bacon is almost cooked. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Whisk together the cream, chicken stock, egg and half the grated parmesan. Pour into the pan. Add the Wattie’s frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels and stir over medium heat until the corn is cooked. Season to taste.
- Toss through the cooked spaghetti. Heat until the spaghetti is hot. Serve garnished with the remaining grated Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with a salad on the side.
Replace Spaghetti pasta with fettucine or penne if wished. If using penne, increase amount to 250g.
Switch it up
- Replace spaghetti pasta with fettucine or penne, if wished.