- 200g dried spaghetti pasta
- 200g middle eye bacon, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Wattie’s Frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels
- Cook spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water following packet instructions. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan. Add bacon and onion and stir-fry until onion has softened and bacon almost cooked. Add sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook a further minute.
- Whisk together cream, chicken stock, egg and half the parmesan. Pour into the pan. Add Wattie’s Frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels and stir while bringing to near boiling. Season to taste. Toss through cooked spaghetti. Heat until pasta is hot. Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Replace Spaghetti pasta with fettucine or penne if wished. If using penne, increase amount to 250g.