- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 50 g butter, melted
- 300 g can Wattie's Spaghetti
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2-3 rashers bacon, chopped (optional)
- Trim the crusts from the bread and brush one side of each slice with a little melted butter.
- Push the bread slices, buttered side down into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until crispy. At this stage the cases can be cooled and kept in an airtight container.
- Fill the cases evenly with a spoonful of Wattie's Spaghetti. Top each with equal quantities of grated cheese and chopped bacon if using.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted, the bacon crispy and filling hot.
- Cool before serving to children.
- You can substitute Wattie’s Spaghetti with Wattie’s Spaghetti 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Spaghetti in tomato sauce 420g.