- 2 sheets reduced fat flaky pastry
- ½ cup grated Edam cheese
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 420 g can Wattie's Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- ¾ cup Wattie's Frozen Peas or Mixed Vegetables
- 500 g bag Wattie's Potato Pom Poms
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly grease a 24cm pie dish and line with pastry. Sprinkle cheese over the pastry and set aside.
- Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick pan and brown mince. Pour in Wattie’s Garlic Pasta Sauce, balsamic vinegar, peas and sprinkle over the oregano. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until mince is cooked. Pour this mixture into pie dish and top with Wattie’s Potato Pom Poms.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pie is golden and pastry is cooked. Serve with salad or green vegetables.
This recipe can be made without the pastry. Pour mince into the pie dish and sprinkle over the cheese before topping with the Potato Pom Poms.