- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp chipotle sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups Wattie’s Frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels
- 400 g can Wattie's Red Kidney Beans in Springwater, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, chipotle sauce (if using), honey and cumin in a screw top jar. Shake and season to taste.
2. Cook Wattie’s Frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave or saucepan until just cooked. Drain any excess liquid and allow to cool.
3. Place the corn in a bowl with the Wattie’s Red Kidney Beans in Springwater, spring onions, red and green capsicums and coriander.
4. Add the dressing and toss gently.
Add chopped celery or baby spinach leaves.
Serve in warmed tortillas with chicken and accompaniments such as guacamole, lettuce, chopped tomatoes.
Juicy golden supersweet corn kernels, grown under the sunny Gisborne skies where the ideal combination of high sunshine and rich soil creates the perfect conditions for our corn to thrive.
Red kidney beans are a convenient way to make your meat dishes go further. Add them to mince recipes, soups, stews and casseroles to make the meal go further, whilst also bumping up the protein and dietary fibre.