- 500 g lean beef or lamb mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Wattie's Tomato Paste
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 420 g can Wattie's Chilli Beans Hot
- 2 x 250 g packet SunRice Long Grain White Rice in 90 seconds
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. In a non-stick pan heat a dash of oil and brown mince in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add a dash more oil to the pan if required. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in ground spices and cocoa.
3. Return mince to the pan and add tomato paste and 1 cup stock or water. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add Wattie's Chilli Beans and cook a further 15-20 minutes until beans are heated through and mince is cooked.
4. Heat SunRice White Rice according to the directions on the packet. Place rice in a serving dish and toss through the chopped parsley. Serve with a salad or your favourite green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
For best results, follow steps 1 & 2 and place in slow cooker with chilli beans, tomato paste, and stock. Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours (refer to your user manual). Alternatively, place ingredients without browning and water or stock in slow cooker and cook as above.
Watch How To Video
For a milder flavour use Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans
Nourishing kidney beans are added to a thick and rich blend of tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onions and chilli powder. The delicious hot flavour is suitable for those looking for something hot and spicy!