- 300g beef steak, cut into thin strips (rump or sirloin)
- ½ x 35g pouch Farrah’s Burrito Spice Mix
- 1 large avocado, stone removed and peeled
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 400g can Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 400g can Wattie's Black Beans in Springwater, drained
- 250g pouch microwave brown rice
- 1 cup Wattie's frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels
- 6 Farrah's Burrito Tortillas
- 2-3 cup shredded iceburg lettuce
- 1 ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into strips
- Slice the steak into thin strips. Toss meat through the spice mix. Set aside.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside.
- Pour Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes into a deep frying pan. Add drained Wattie's Black Beans, rice and Wattie's frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels. Mix together and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until hot and sauce has absorbed into the rice.
- While the rice mix is cooking. Heat a frying pan with a dash of oil. Quickly stir fry the spice coated steak strips until cooked.
- Fill Farrah's Burrito Totillas with rice mix, steak, lettuce, grated cheese, capsicum strips and avocado. Roll to enclose filling.
Ripened on the vine under the Hawke’s Bay sun, Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes are diced and blended, then seasoned for an authentic Mexican flavour.
Wattie’s Black Beans are super versatile and are a great addition to or replacement for meat dishes.
Heated or eaten as is, they are delicious from morning to night in Mexican cuisine such as burritos and tacos or simply used in dips, salads, soups and casseroles.
Juicy golden supersweet corn kernels, grown under the sunny Gisborne skies where the ideal combination of high sunshine and rich soil creates the perfect conditions for our corn to thrive.