- 300g lean beef mince
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 375g pouch Wattie’s WOK Creations Mexican Nachos Simmer Sauce
- 400g can Wattie's Red Kidney Beans in Springwater, drained
- 175g bag nacho chips
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil In a heavy-based frying-pan and brown mince with the onion over high heat.
2. Reduce heat. Add Wattie’s WOK Creations Mexican Nachos Simmer Sauce and the drained Wattie’s Red Kidney Beans. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the mince is cooked.
3. Spread the nacho chips over an oven-proof dish. Spoon over meat and bean sauce. Scatter with grated cheese.
4. Place under a pre-heated grill until the cheese melts. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream if wished.
* Nacho sauce is suitable for creating a Taco or Quesadilla filling too.
* Mexican sauce is also slow cooker friendly. Cook on a low heat for 4 hours, or in an oven-proof dish at 160°C for 1½ - 2 hours, adding the beans ½ an hour before the end of cooking.
* Replace beef mince with chicken or lamb.
* To make a vegetarian option replace the meat with an extra can of kidney beans or 300g diced vegetables.
Red kidney beans are a convenient way to make your meat dishes go further. Add them to mince recipes, soups, stews and casseroles to make the meal go further, whilst also bumping up the protein and dietary fibre.