- 2 sheets frozen flaky puff pastry, thawed
- 410 g Wattie’s Mexican Style Red Kidney Beans
- 1 cup Wattie’s Frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix
- 75 g grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg, beaten or 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan bake). Cut 4 (17cm diameter) circles out of the pastry, re-rolling the pastry as necessary. Line 4 individual pie dishes (8cm diameter) with the pastry, allowing the excess pastry to hang over the sides of the dishes. Set aside while preparing the filling.
- Mix together Wattie’s Mexican Style Red Kidney Beans and Wattie’s Frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix. Divide the filling between the pastry cases.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the beans. Fold in excess pastry over the bean filling. Brush pastry top with a little beaten egg or milk. Bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden and filling hot.
- Replace Chuckwagon corn with frozen corn kernels if wished.
- Use deep muffin pans in place of individual pie dishes - cutting circles to fit the tins, allowing a 2-3 cm over hang.
We have carefully selected the finest kidney beans and combined them with a spicy Mexican tomato base to create these Mexican style red kidney beans, ready for you to create your favourite great-tasting Mexican dishes.