- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- Maple and Orange Sauce
- ½ cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup
- 25 g butter
- grated zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp brandy (optional)
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add eggs and milk. Beat together until smooth. Pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a small crêpe or frying pan and brush with a little melted butter. Tilt the pan slightly and pour in enough batter to just cover the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until the surface of the crêpe starts to ‘dry out’. Carefully flip the crêpe to brown the other side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat until the batter is used. Place a layer of greaseproof paper between each crêpe to stop them sticking together.
Maple and Orange Sauce:
In a saucepan heat Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup, butter, orange zest and juice. Bring to the boil and continue cooking until the sauce reduces by one third. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy. To serve, fold the crêpes into quarters and place on a serving platter. Pour over the sauce and serve with ice cream.
Watch How To Video
• Crepes are a French pancake and are thinner than a standard pancake
• There’s nothing like a freshly cooked crepe or pancake, but they can also be pre-made and frozen. Place a sheet of greaseproof paper between each crepe. When cold wrap tightly in cling film and freeze. To serve, thaw and heat for a few seconds in the microwave. Fold and cover with the hot Maple and Orange Sauce.