- 700g bag Wattie's frozen Hash Bites
- Cheesy Bacon Topping:
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Wattie's Burger Sauce to serve
- Chopped spring onions to garnish
- Mexican Bean Topping:
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Cumin
- 75 g Wattie's frozen Spinach
- 420g can Wattie's Medium Chilli Beans
- 2 medium tomatos, chopped
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- lite sour cream
- Extra hot chilli sauce to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan assisted). Place Wattie’s frozen Hash Bites on an oven tray in a single layer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway during cooking until golden and hot.
To make Cheesy Bacon Topping:
- While the hash bites are cooking fry the bacon and onion in a frying pan over a medium low heat until onion has softened and bacon cooked.
- Remove hash bites from the oven. Scatter over grated cheese. Return to the oven and allow the cheese to melt. Scatter over the cooked onion and bacon and pour over Wattie’s Burger Sauce or your favourite sauce. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
To make Mexican Bean Topping:
- While the hash bites are cooking, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry over a medium low heat until onion softens. Add Gregg’s Ground Cumin and frozen spinach and continue cooking until the spinach thaws. Add Wattie’s Medium Chilli Beans. Stir and continue cooking until beans are hot. Add chopped tomatoes and stir through.
- Place the cooked hash bites onto a heatproof platter or serving dish. Spoon over the beans and spinach sauce. Scatter over grated cheese. Return to the oven to allow the cheese to melt. Serve with a dollop of lite sour cream and extra hot chilli sauce if wished.
Wattie’s Hash Bites is available at your local New World and PAK’nSAVE supermarkets.