- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 120g bag baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 400g can Wattie's Lentils in Springwater
- 200g tub Ricotta
- 2 x 400g cans Wattie's Passata
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- ½ cup (40g) grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan and over medium heat cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the cumin and cook a further minute. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped spinach and drained Wattie’s Lentils in Springwater. Add the ricotta. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and mix together.
2. Heat the Wattie’s Passata in a saucepan until hot. Stir through basil pesto. Pour 1/3 of the passata into a lasagne style dish (approx 2L capacity).
3. Cut each fresh lasagne pasta sheet into 4. Divide the mixture and spoon generous ammounts of filling along the short end of the pasta sheet and roll loosely to enclose the filling, to make the cannelloni. Place into the lasagne dish seam-side down. Continue with the remaining filling and pasta, placing the filled cannelloni in a single layer in the dish.
4. Pour the remaining Passata over the cannelloni. Scatter over the grated parmesan.
5. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for a further 20 – 25 minutes until pasta is tender and top golden.
- Replace the fresh lasagne sheets with dried if desired. Using the large dried lasagne sheets, cook them in a single layer in boiling water until soft enough to roll.
- Alternatively use dried cannelloni tubes and fill the mixture into the cannelloni using a small spoon or piping bag with a med sized nozzle.