- 4 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml cream
- 300ml lemonade*
- Preheat oven to 220°C (fan assisted) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the self-raising flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour the cream and lemonade into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust lightly with flour and gently pat the dough out to a thickness of about 2 centimetres. Cut into approx. 12 pieces and lift each onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter or cool and serve with your favourite jam and whipped cream.
Watch How To Video
- *To get a better rise, make sure the lemonade has not gone flat.
- Cooling the scones wrapped in a tea towel will help retain the freshness.
Switch it up
- To make sultana or date scones, add ¼–½ cup of sultanas or chopped dates to the dry ingredients.
- To make cheese scones, add 2 cups of grated tasty cheese, a pinch of cayenne pepper and replace lemonade with soda water.