- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 130 g bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 400 g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
3 cups cooked shredded Tegel Turkey
(or shredded chicken)
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 handful chopped fresh herbs (coriander or basil and parsley)
- ½ cup Dijonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the red onion over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
2. Wilt the spinach in a bowl of boiling water then drain.
3. Place the cooked red onion, spinach, Wattie’s Chickpeas, shredded Tegel Turkey, red capsicum and fresh herbs into a bowl.
4. Gently toss the Heinz Seriously Good Dijonnaise and lemon juice through the salad. Serve with crusty bread.
Replace the Dijonnaise
with mayonnaise and stir through the juice from ½ an orange.
Use any sliced vegetables such as sliced celery, steamed broccoli or green beans.
This salad also works well with leftover shredded chicken.