- 6-8 lamb shanks
- 1 dash oil
- 10-12 baby onions, peeled and left whole
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 10-12 button mushrooms, wiped
- 1 cup red wine
- 550 g can Wattie's Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce
- 700 g bag Wattie's Rosemary and Garlic Potato Roasters
1. Brown the lamb shanks with the dash of oil in a heat-proof casserole dish.
2. Add the onions, bacon, mushrooms, red wine and Wattie's Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer at 180°C for about 1 1/2 hours until tender.
3. Arrange the Wattie's Rosemary and Garlic Potato Roasters on a baking dish and bake at 220°C for 20 minutes, shaking occasionally.
Serve the lamb and roasters hot garnished with a little fresh chopped parsley or rosemary.
Tasty skin-on potato pieces from the fields of Canterbury, with a golden, crispy crunch. Generously seasoned with a classic roasting blend of Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes with their skin which increases the fibre content