- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g grated tasty cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped gherkins
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 70 g packet walnuts, chopped
1. In a bowl combine cream cheese, tasty cheese, gherkins, onion, Wattie’s Tomato Sauce and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Divide mixture in half and form into 2 balls. The mixture will be quite sticky.
2. Roll balls in chopped walnuts. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving with crackers and vegetable crudités.
Cheeseballs will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
For a more festive touch:
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes and a few chopped black olives into the cheeseball mixture.
- You can also add chopped dried cranberries or drained crushed pineapple for a delicious fruity flavour.
- You can also roll the ball in toasted chopped pistachios or parsley and serve with fresh strawberries for a festive platter.