- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g grated tasty cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped gherkins
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 70 g packet walnuts, chopped
1. In a bowl combine cream cheese, tasty cheese, gherkins, onion, Wattie’s Tomato Sauce and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Divide mixture in half and form into 2 balls. The mixture will be quite sticky.
2. Roll balls in chopped walnuts. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving with crackers and vegetable crudités.
Here’s a ‘hands free’ tip – to make the ball shape, just line a bowl with glad wrap, add the cheeseball mixture, then gather the glad wrap and twist to form a ball.
Cheeseballs will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
For a more festive touch:
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes and a few chopped black olives into the cheeseball mixture.
- You can also add chopped dried cranberries or drained crushed pineapple for a delicious fruity flavour.
- You can also roll the ball in toasted chopped pistachios or parsley and serve with fresh strawberries for a festive platter.