- ¼ cup Wattie's Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 chicken breasts (400g)
- ¼ cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 small carrot, cut finely into matchsticks
- Eta Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Prepare the Katsu sauce by whisking together Wattie’s Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 thin fillets. Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Dip the chicken into the seasoned flour and then into the beaten egg. Coat in panko crumbs. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, to allow the crumbs to stick.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook chicken pieces over a medium to low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Keep warm while preparing the salad.
- On each plate or pasta-type bowl, layer the shredded lettuce, red capsicum, cucumber and carrot. Serve with Eta Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise. Slice the chicken thickly and place on the plate. Spoon the katsu dressing over the chicken. Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Try chicken tenderloins instead of breast and serve with a generous bowl of katsu sauce for dipping. This is a great idea for entertaining!