- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ x 350 g bag Wattie's frozen Free Flow Spinach, defrosted
- 400 g 100% New Zealand Pork Mince
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-4 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 400 g can Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook onion and garlic in a dash of oil in a saucepan until onion has softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Drain the excess water from the defrosted Wattie’s Free Flow Spinach using a sieve. Put spinach into a mixing bowl with onion and garlic, 100% New Zealand Pork Mince, parsley and tomato paste. Season well with salt and ground black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour a third of the Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes into a lasagne style dish (2-litre capacity).
- Cut lasagne sheets into approximately 12x18cm pieces. Put an eighth of the meat filling along one end of the pasta sheet and roll up. Place into dish seam-side down. Continue assembling and place in a single layer in the dish. Add remaining Pesto Style Tomatoes. Sprinkle over grated cheese. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until meat and pasta are cooked and top is golden. Serve with a crisp salad on the side.
Replace pork mince with chicken if preferred.
Premium quality spinach leaves, cut, then free-flow frozen so they're easy to use in many meals.