- 1 whole chicken
- 125g Wattie’s WOK Creations Honey Soy Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Sesame Rice
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted white or black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To butterfly the chicken, using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut the chicken down each side of the backbone. Discard the backbone. Turn the breast side up. Press firmly on the breastbone to flatten. Cut slashes into the skin of the thighs and drums.
- Place the chicken into an oven dish lined with baking paper. Spread the Wattie’s WOK Creations Honey Soy Stir-Fry Sauce over both sides of the chicken. Tuck the wing tips underneath. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the juices run clear when pierced through the thickest part of the thigh.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Rinse the rice with cold water through a sieve. Place in a medium saucepan with 3 1/2 cups water, sesame oil and salt to taste. Bring to the boil over high heat then reduce heat to very low, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the pot to stand, covered, for a further 10 minutes. When ready to serve, remove the lid, fluff up the rice and place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds.
- To serve, garnish the chicken with the spring onion. Serve with the sesame rice and Asian greens.
If time permits, cover the chicken with the Wattie’s WOK Creations Honey Soy Stir-Fry Sauce, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Create a Chinese inspired stir-fry brimming with delicious traditional flavours. Honey, soy and sesame oil combine to produce a brilliant balance of sweet & savoury flavours.
* AC Nielsen – Ambient Cooking Sauces - Stir Fry Segment - MAT Data to 25/03/18