- 1 packet super wine biscuits (250g), broken into small pieces
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 70 g packet slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 100 g dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup or golden syrup
- 100 g butter
- 1 eggs
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 g butter
1. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine biscuits, coconut, brown sugar, slivered almonds and cocoa.
3. In a small saucepan, over a gentle heat stir chocolate, Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup and butter until mixture is melted and combined. Cool slightly. Whisk in egg.
4. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Spoon into prepared tin and press firmly into the tin with the back of the spoon. Chill while preparing the chocolate topping.
Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over hot water until melted. Stir to combine. Spread over the chilled slice. Refrigerate until topping is set. Cut into small squares to serve.