- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 3 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
- 200g white chocolate
- ¼ cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Mix together flour, baking powder, brown sugar and melted butter. Press into a baking paper lined 27cm x 18cm tin. Bake for 12 minutes until base is a light golden colour. Set aside while preparing the filling.
- In a saucepan put sweetened condensed milk, butter, golden syrup and Gregg’s Ground Ginger. Stir over a moderate heat until boiling. Pour over shortcake base, carefully spreading to cover the base. Return to the oven a cook a further 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool in the tin. Carefully lift out and place on a cooling rack.
- Melt white chocolate in a pan over hot water or in the microwave on 30 second bursts. Spread over cooled filling. Scatter chopped crystallised ginger over the chocolate. Refrigerate until set. Cut into slices. Store in an airtight container.
Use a serrated knife to cut into slices.