- 400 g peeled and chopped Agria potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans Wattie's Four Bean Mix in Springwater well drained,
- 1 small egg
- ⅓ cup polenta or fine breadcrumbs
- Tomato Salsa
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- juice of ½ lime
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain well. Heat a dash of oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and red capsicum and cook over a medium heat until vegetables are soft. Add cumin and sweet smoked paprika, stir and continue to cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat.
2. Mash the potatoes and Wattie’s Four Bean Mix together. It doesn’t matter if some of the beans remain whole. Add cooked onion mixture. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add beaten egg to bind ingredients together. The mixture will be quite soft. Refrigerate until cold then shape into 8 patties. Coat in polenta or breadcrumbs.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry the hash cakes over medium heat until golden and hot, turning once during cooking. This will take about 10 minutes. Serve with fresh tomato salsa.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
This tasty combination of Cannellini, Lima, Pinto and Kidney beans contains iron and folate, essential nutrients that support normal immune system function. Arm yourself against ills by enjoying a regular dose of Four Bean Mix as part of a healthy diet.