- 3 Tbsp Wattie's Fiery Chilli Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp cider or wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 thin cut 100g beef steaks (about 1cm thick and )
- To Serve
- 8 grilled or toasted slices crusty bread
- cooked onions
- rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- extra Wattie's Fiery Chilli Tomato Sauce
1. Combine the Wattie’s Fiery Chilli Tomato Sauce, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, Lea & Perrins and garlic in a bowl. Mix well than add the steak. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes if time permits.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan over high heat or preheat a barbecue. Cook the steak for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Top 4 of the toasted bread slices with a piece of steak, cooked onion, rocket and sliced tomato. Top with extra Wattie’s Fiery Chilli Tomato Sauce. Cover with the remaining bread slices.