- 200g farro
- 250g bunch of fresh asparagus*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 70g sliced almonds
- 2 x 185g tins chunky style tuna in springwater
- 1 red and green fancy lettuce, washed and roughly torn
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 250mL bottle Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- Soak the farro in cold water for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Place the farro in a large saucepan, cover with fresh cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender, drain well and set aside.
- While the farro is cooking bring a large pot of water to the boil, quickly blanch the prepared asparagus. Plunge into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process, drain and slice into about 4cm long pieces and set aside.
- Take a fry pan add the olive oil, heat and gently toast the almonds, set aside.
- Drain the tuna and break up slightly.
- Combine the ingredients of the salad into a serving bowl and drizzle over approximately ¼ cup of the Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing.
Watch How To Video
- For an easy salad on-the-go take a clean jar, pour in the Eta Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing and then layer the other ingredients. Top with the lid to transport.
- Use brown rice in place of the farro.
* If asparagus is unavailable use 250g of fresh green beans.