- ½ x 2 kg bag frozen Tegel Chicken Pieces, thawed and skin removed
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine, (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- bouquet garni or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 700 g bag Wattie's frozen Casserole Mix
- ¼ cup cream, (optional)
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves, (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Toss Tegel Chicken Pieces in flour.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a flame proof casserole dish and brown the chicken pieces over a high heat. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Reduce the heat.
3. Add bacon, garlic and onions and stir-fry over a medium heat until onions softens. Pour in white wine (if using). Return chicken pieces to the dish and pour over stock. Add bouquet garni. Bring to the boil. Add Wattie’s frozen Casserole Mix but do not stir vegetables into the sauce. Cover.
4. Transfer casserole to the oven. Cook for 1 -1 1/4 hours until chicken is falling off the bones. Stir vegetables into the casserole with the cream. Remove bouquet garni. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if necessary. Garnish with chopped parsley.