- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 200g chicken tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1½ cups cooked long grain rice
- ¼ cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 x 160g bag Wattie’s SteamFresh Sweet Corn, Carrots and Broccoli
- chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
- Heat a dash of oil in a wok or non stick frying pan. Add beaten eggs and cook for 1 minute, stirring until they are softly scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan. When heated add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes, until chicken is coloured. Add garlic and spring onions and continue stir frying until chicken is cooked and onions soft.
- Add cooked rice, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and continue cooking until rice is hot. While the rice is cooking microwave Wattie’s SteamFresh Vege Mixes according to packet instructions.
- Just before serving toss through the cooked egg and vegetables. Serve immediately garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves and lime wedges if wished.
For easy rice – use a 250g pouch of microwaveable rice – cook according to manufacturers instructions before adding to stir fry.
Replace chicken with raw prawns – pre thawed or thin strips of beef rump or fillet steak. Stir fry time will depend on what is used.
Replace the rice with cooked noodles if wished.
Wattie's® Bit on the Side® Sweet Chilli is a hot and spicy chilli sauce that is great for dipping, as a marinade or condiment on the side. Available in a 300g bottle.