- 200 g softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 100 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan assisted or 180°C conventional. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
2. Mix in sifted flour and baking powder with chopped white and dark chocolate.
3. Roll into balls and place on baking trays lined with baking paper, flatten a little with your hand. Leave room between each one to spread.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack. When cold, store in an airtight container