- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan assisted). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.*
- Sift in the flour and baking powder with the chopped white and dark chocolate.
- Roll into balls and place on baking trays, flattening a little with your hand. Leave room between each one to spread.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes on the trays before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool. When cold, store in an airtight container.
- *If you don’t have an electric beater, this can be done by hand using a wooden spoon.
- For gooey chocolate and to enjoy them warm, microwave the cookies for approximately 10 seconds.
Swap it out
- If wished replace the white chocolate with milk chocolate or just use 200g of dark chocolate.
Switch it up
- Add ½ cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts or hazelnuts with the chocolate.